Most potential purchasers will drive past your property before inspecting and the first impression is crucial!
Ensure to the best of your ability that:
- Paintwork is in good repair.
- Gutters have been cleaned and arein good repair.
- Cracked or broken windows have been repaired.
- Hedges and shrubs have been trimmed and lawns have been mowed.
- House number and letterbox are both in easy to see positions
Method Of Sale
Choosing the correct method of sale is the first step in selling your property. Three of the most common are Sale by Private Treaty, Sale by Auction and Sale by Tender, all of which have their own advantages and disadvantages.
Each property is unique and different methods will suit different homes. Our salespeople will assist you in the decision of which method to use.
Presentation Of Home
When preparing for inspections of your home, take care to ensure that your home is neat and tidy and free of clutter, as this creates a more spacious feel. Above all, a home should feel lived in!
Don’t spend copious amounts of money on your home in the attempt to increase its value before selling. Focus on smaller jobs that will increase the overall impression of the home, such as repairing cracks, guttering, broken windows and doors and small paint or patching jobs.
Create An Atmosphere
Make your home as warm and inviting as possible.
- Be conscious of outside weather conditions. If cool, have the heater going inside, and if warm, keep the home as cool as possible.
- Have all blinds and curtains open to create as much natural light as possible.
- If a darker home, leave some interior lights on.
- Have a radio or some soft musicplaying in the background.
If you decide to open your home for inspection, the salesperson conducting the open for you will work to the best of their ability to monitor everybody who enters the home at all times, but it is also in your best interest to lock all jewellery and valuables away and to not leave any items of great value in a vulnerable position.